Write to us for any queries...
Private Limited Company Registration
To register a company in India, you first need to check your eligibility & required documents and then understand the stepwise procedure followed for registration of a private limited company in India. A Company is the most popular form of business for Startups in India. The most important benefit is the concept of limited liability to its shareholders. The Banks, Financial Institutions, and Angel Investors invest mostly in a Company form of business. Hence we strongly advise registering your startup business as a company. Moreover, Foreign Direct Investment is also allowed under Automatic Route and no Prior Approval is needed.
Requirements to Register a Private Limited Company
Procedure for Registering a Comapny
FirstFiling can help you through the entire process of registering a Private Limited Company!
Our team of professionals can get it done for you!
- Two Color Photographs of Promoters
- PAN Card of each Promoter
- Address Proof (Bank Statement / Electricity, Mobile, Telephone Bill)
- Identity Proof (Voter ID / Driving License / Passport)
- Proof of Registered Office
- Utility Bill as Proof must be latest
- NOC from the Owner of the Premises
Frequently Asked Questions
For incorporation of a company under the companies act 2013, anyone from below list of the document is accepted as Identity Proof.
- Driving License
- Voter ID Card
You can provide any document from the below list of documents as address proof for incorporation of a company in India. The document for address proof of the director or shareholder should not be older than two months.
- Bank Statement or Passbook with the transaction entry
- Electricity Bill in the name of the promoter
- Telephone bill, or any other Mobile Bill
- Utility bill in the name of promoters like Gas Bill
For company incorporation following are the forms on which promoters need to sign, All the forms need to be printed on plain A-4 size paper. The sign with a blue ink pen.
- DIR-2, Consent from all the director
- Declaration of Promoter – Non-Deposit
- INC-9 A Declaration under Companies Act 2013
- Subscriber Sheet of MOA & AOA
Every company need to have a registered address, following are the list of the document which can be considered as proof of premises where the registered office of the company is situated. The premises proof should not be older than two months.
- Electricity Bill
- Gas Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Mobile Bill
- NOC from the owner
Yes, the entire process and documentation are different for a company with foreign shareholding. We have a separate team who takes care of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) Cases. You may navigate to the relevant page for more information on FDI or how a foreign corporation can open an office/ company in India.
- Company Incorporation in India with Foreign Individual (s)
- Incorporate Company as a subsidiary of a Foreign Corporation
- Branch office Registration of a Foreign Company/Entity
- Liasion Office Registration of a Foreign Company/ Entity
- Project Office Establishment for a Foreign Company
Limited Liability implies that the owners or shareholders of the company are not personally liable to pay debts of the business. They are only responsible for the unpaid shares of the capital of the company. To qualify, the shareholder needs to comply with all laws and pay taxes on time.
Apart from the concept of Limited Liability as explained above a company have following significant features
- The company will continue to exist, no matter how many directors, officers, and shareholders join or leave.
- A Company can Sue and be Sued in its name.
- A legal entity like a company has a separate identity from its owners or shareholders.
- Not only the companies receive financial assistance from banks and financial institutions but also enjoys an advantage of borrowing funds.
- Like a person a private limited company can purchase, sell, own, possess, enjoy and transfer property rights to anyone in its name.